The medieval village of Montricoux
Located in the Tarn et Garonne, near the major Occitanie sites and the most beautiful villages in France, the medieval village of Montricoux, bordered by the Aveyron river, is inhabited by 1214 inhabitants. It is a village steeped in history, owned by the Templars who founded a Commandery there.
It has kept very beautiful half-timbered houses from the 15th and 16th centuries and the remains of ramparts flanked by three towers.
The church of Saint Pierre de Montricoux (13th and 16th centuries) is surmounted by a bell tower in Toulouse fashion, it still has the mark of the Templars.
The castle, rebuilt in the 18th century style, is converted into a museum to present the works of the painter Marcel Lenoir. It consists of a keep erected by the Templars, unfortunately its battlements were lost during the revolution, a chapel which has preserved some wall paintings and a beautiful and large house rebuilt in 1730.
Many local events are organized throughout the year: flea markets, guided tours, festivals, concerts, markets, painting exhibitions …
A visit is required.
Find “the mag”, the agenda of all events in the Tarn-et-Garonne department by clicking here
Because on vacation we sometimes forget the essentials, you will find in the village, all the shops of 1st necessity. The first supermarkets and gas stations are located 6km away in the town of Negrepelisse.
a market rich in flavors and colors
Every Friday morning from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., meet local producers. The market takes place in the main street of the village.